Follow

uencounter.me

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Might of the Bay - Black and White Thursdays

In this edition of Black and White Thursdays I am presenting you the mighty Bay of Bengal which for centuries has challenged mariners to the best of their abilities while they made their way to Bengal in India via the Bay.

Picture taken from the beach at New Digha, West Bengal, India

The Bay of Bengal, which forms the north eastern part of the Indian Ocean, is not only the largest Bay in the world it is also one of the most active bays in the world with strong tidal waves lapping the shores. It occasionally throws up large Thunderstorms(Sidr, Laila e.t.c.) which cause huge damage to life and property. Ask any local person living on the coast of the Bay and he/she will tell you that the Bay is someone whom you need to respect.

I have marked this location on my uencounter.me map. 

You can now join our Facebook Page for beforehand information and exclusive pictures. 

0 comments: